Thursday 27 March 2008

Barbie Bandits

http://i.abcnews.com/Primetime/story?id=3352813&page=1

Heather Johnston and Ashley Miller labelled "Barbie Bandits" after allegedly stealing nearly $11,000 from a Georgia Bank , the teens were caught two days after the bank robbery and were also caught on camera spending some of the money they allegedly stole at a high-end hair salon. (ABC News)



Above: the teens caught on surveillance footage

I wonder if these teens would have been treated any differently if they were a different sex, colour or race it seems as though these two have been presented as an oil painting for committing a serious crime. I get the opinion we ought to feel sorry for them because:

  • 19-year-old Heather Johnston of Atlanta would have just completed her first year in college
  • Instead, she is praying for a second chance and hoping she won't end up in prison.
  • "I went wild. I was on drugs most of the time. I didn't care what anyone had to say. I was going to do it my way."
  • Authorities believe the appetite for fast money and pricey goods led to a path of self-destruction causing pain for relatives

No comments: